In this discussion, Berkeley faculty from a variety of disciplines talk about instructional strategies and assignments they’ve developed to help students understand and confront contemporary concerns, and shared their experiences tackling thorny topics. Professors interested in bringing social issues into their course(s) but not sure how or where to start or professors already teaching about social justice looking for ideas and support attended.
- What does social justice pedagogy mean?
- How does one design for social justice?
- What does this look like across different disciplines?
- Dr. Charlotte Smith, Public Health
- Dr. Khalid Kadir, Engineering
- Dr. Stephanie Jones-Rogers, History
- Dr. Victoria Robinson, Ethnic Studies; Director, American Cultures Program