Since 2018, the CDF program has supported instructors in developing creative design assignments, assignments that are intentionally built to support faculty and students in ways that are adaptive, equity-oriented, and foster antiracism. In the CDF Winter Institute participants developed actionable strategies that build antiracist and equity-based education.
In conversation with CDF faculty, staff, and students, the Winter Institute discussed how within the current condition of remote instruction and the devastating effects of the pandemic, we can intentionally structure the classroom, its subject content, relationship dynamics, communication formats, and approaches to assignment design, to mobilize the classroom as a place of antiracism learning?
Over two half-day workshops, the CDF Institute covered how to:
Engage with the principles of antiracism pedagogy through community-building practices and activities.
Prepare to implement antiracism pedagogies into your course by workshopping four interventions: syllabus design; course design; assessment practices; and student resources.
This page summarizes the discussions and resources discussed throughout the workshops, hosted in partnership with the Center for Teaching and Learning, American Cultures, and Creative Discovery Fellows Program.
- Diana Sanchez - Student Consultant, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Fiona Diec - Program Coordinator, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Kai Nham - Program Manager, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Kelly Zhen - Student Consultant, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Laura Armstrong - Graduate Student Researcher, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Marisella Rodriquez, Ph. D. - Senior Consultant, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Nicole Kim - Program Coordinator, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Pablo Gonzalez, Ph. D. - Faculty, Chicanx/Latinx Studies, Department of Ethnic Studies
- Ryan Ikeda - Pedagogy Coordinator, Creative Discovery Fellows
- Sarah Pickett, Ph. D. - Senior Consultant, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Victoria Robinson, Ph. D. - Director, American Cultures